Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Heartbreak Hills and I Meet for the First Time

We agreed to meet in a well lit, neutral, and busy location. I was not about to do this in the dark when there were no witnesses or pedestrians that could assist me in the worst case. It was almost like the restaurant scene from the Godfather, but not quite, but almost. I was craving the long run a few Sundays ago and it was about time that my two legs braved the Heartbreak Hills. I have only ridden the hills via bicycle or car and surprisingly never ventured to run them despite living within a 3-4 miles radius for roughly 5.5 years now. It was time.

Thank god the sun was shining and that I decided to bring some music. I would never have made without some help from iTunes mid run. The run actually went really well after getting my hands on some solid high paced techno beats. It wasn't as terrible as I thought on the return run up the hills. There were essentially three hills that were spaced out enough that it never really sank in too deep to the fibers. Sprint, plateau, recover, sprint, plateau, recover, sprint, plateau, recover. Getting cold though. Hands were approaching amputation levels.

It's always hard to beat the same opponent multiple times in the same year. The war wages on.

Heartbreak Hills Loop

No comments:

Post a Comment